My Roadmap to Holistic Financial Planning
Financial Planning is a relationship business. I see my clients as a relationship, not a dollar value. So how do my clients go from being strangers to relationships? Here's a quick map of my process:
- Meet and Greet - In the first meeting, to quote "The King and I," there's a lot of "getting to know you" questions. I want to know about my client's spouse, their children, their career, their upbringing, their fears about the market, their questions, and more. I explain to clients that I take a LOT of notes, and that's because, as I teach my children, it's easiest to remember things when you write them down. I also want these prospects to know about me. I explain my career, my upbringing, my family, and how I run my practice.
- Goals and Objectives - Long before talking dollars or products, I want to know how the prospects in front of me can benefit from my over 15 years of financial advising experience. I ask my clients about their goals, their desires for their retirement, their fears, their risk tolerance and other relatable topics. When I know these things, the products and solutions available to my prospective clients fall into place.
- Financial Planning Software - Money Guide Pro is one of the leaders in planning software, and as such, it is available to my clients without charge. It's a great tool to use for a financial analysis of clients' current holdings, as well as the many other tools that are available to dig deeper into a financial plan. I am able to explain each opportunity with a client as well as what is needed from them in order to complete this step and a timeframe for completion.
- Lastly, we review the plan as well as next steps. If I've done my relationship-building correctly, this last step is where we start to discuss money and financial solutions. There are many products available to clients, and I take this opportunity to explain which products fit their unique circumstances and goal and why.
Advancing Financial Services
HilltopSecurities helps advance the financial opportunities of communities, businesses, and individuals alike. But that’s only part of the story. Our work redefines the idea of community involvement and impacts what matters most: the city you love, the company you work for, and your financial future.
Every need is different, so every solution must be unique.
It begins with listening, and working to truly understand your objective. Our wealth of product knowledge and diversity of services, including risk and cost analysis, enables us to help find sound solutions tailored to meet your needs.
When serving as financial professionals, we explore proposed solutions through candid conversations and a realistic look at the anticipated results. Because being aware and informed lets you make confident decisions. This is how we build long-term relationships and help enrich the financial future of communities, business, and individuals.
- Wealth Management
- Clearing Services
- Public Finance
- Fixed Income Capital Markets
- Structured Finance/Debt Capital Markets
HilltopSecurities is a unique blend of financial strength, deep industry knowledge, and years of experience.
Our firm was born out of the fusion of two respected and successful firms with complementary business lines: First Southwest Company, a broker-dealer founded in 1946 and known for its municipal advisory practice, and Southwest Securities, Inc., a full-service broker-dealer since 1972.
As part of Hilltop Holdings, a well-capitalized and publicly traded parent company, we’re backed by a strong and diverse financial services enterprise. One that’s focused on moving our clients forward.
Nothing better represents this than our iconic buffalo, “Mo,” a symbol for our collective strength, unified force, and the unstoppable momentum of an advancing herd.